Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
Farrow has been confirmed and validated as a Certified Member of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s C-TPAT program since 2003.
What is C-TPAT?
The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is a voluntary, joint effort between the United States government and businesses involved in importing goods into the United States. Since the attacks of September 11th 2001, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has realized that a new level of security is required within the supply chain and at U.S. borders.
Farrow U.S. works continuously to ensure that every step of the importing process is secure, even before shipments arrive at U.S. ports of entry. These efforts are furthered in cooperation with our parent company, the Farrow, which is also certified in the Canadian PIP (Partners In Protection) program through Farrow.
We collectively monitor the entire supply chain, not only for proper compliance, but also for new and improved best-practice security processes. This assists our customers in proactively preparing for adjustments to any governmental changes and in maintaining their low-risk import clearance designation.
Open to all importers, carriers (air, sea and land), customs brokers, warehouse operators and manufacturers, certification in the C-TPAT program is awarded following a comprehensive supply chain assessment, examining all aspects of the process against C-TPAT guidelines.
How can your company benefit from Farrow’s C-TPAT membership?
Border Security is one of the highest priorities in importing goods into the U.S. Being a member of the C-TPAT program gives Farrow (U.S.) Inc. and our clients a competitive edge over non-participants.
- Expedited Processing. Members of C-TPAT are less likely to be subject to customs inspections, and will be routed to the front of customs lines when they do need to be inspected.
- Supply Chain Efficiency. Adherence to tighter supply chain guidelines ensures greater prediction of lead times, decreased supply chain disruptions and reduced cargo theft, to name a few.
Farrow (U.S.) Inc. - SVI # - rusBro01087
For more information
- View the confirmation of C-TPAT participation for Farrow (U.S.) Inc.
- C-TPAT Information on CBP.gov
- C-TPAT Status Verification Interface
Please Contact Us or your Farrow representative.
Get the latest developments on US and Canadian customs, international trade topics and border updates that are specific to your importing or exporting needs.