Glossary of terms
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- FAST - Free & Secure Trade
- A joint Canada-United States initiative that allows pre-approved importers, carriers, and registered drivers to move pre-approved eligible goods across the border quickly.
- FIRST - Frequent Importer Release System
- An expedited CBSA Line Release system designed for use by importers with a high volume of low risk shipments (e.g., bulk commodities).
- FTA - Free Trade Agreement
- Canada has entered into several agreements that allow for the duty-free importation of certain goods imported from specific countries, including Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA); Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement (CCRFTA); Canada-Israel Free Trade Agreement (CIFTA); North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); Canada-Peru Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA) among others.