Glossary of terms
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Tariff Treatment
- The tariff or trade agreement code under which goods are entered into Canada is also used to determine which rate of duty is applied (e.g., MFN (Most Favoured Nation) - 02; NAFTA (USA) - 10; GPT (General Preferential Tariff) - 09).
- TIB - Temporary Import Bond
- U.S. Customs permits relieve of import duties for particular goods imported into the United States on a temporary basis. The goods must be exported under Customs supervision within a prescribed timeframe however, otherwise the full amount of applicable duties must be paid. This should not be confused with an IT entry however.
- Transaction Number
- A unique 14-digit number in bar-code format that is a mandatory data element on all B3 Entries.
- Movement of goods exported from one country through another country to their ultimate destination.
- TRQ - Tariff Rate Quota
- An import quota which defines the application of different tariffs, the lower rate applying until the specified volume is reached, the higher rate thereafter.