Position: Intermediate Java Developer
Location: Windsor, Ontario (Corporate)
This individual will be required to use top level technical knowledge to develop software that meets / exceeds specified requirements. Also he / she will be expected to employ industry standard approaches and participate in day-to-day development efforts.
Another key element of this position is taking a leadership role in the support of current applications and processes. This involves investigating and resolving bugs, documenting issues, responding to client inquires and enhancing existing applications. Eventually after hours support will also be required.
- Develop software to meet / exceed specified requirements.
- Ensure that software is written using industry standard practices with special attention to efficiency, reusability, and readability.
- Help establish and implement testing plans prior to code being moved into production.
- Where required, produce readable technical documentation.
- When tasked, research various technologies and provide recommendations.
- Work on several projects concurrently either alone, with other developers, or as a member of a large project team.
- Investigate and resolve bugs and document issues.
- Communicate with clients or internal employees by phone and/or email.
- Enhance existing legacy applications.
- Basic Websphere Application Server support.
- Participate in after hours support
Required Education / Skills
- University Degree in Computer Science, or similar field
- At least two years of Java development experience.
- Excellent Java programming skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience with many industry standard development frameworks (experience with Spring Framework is an asset).
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and JDBC.
- Deep understanding of Java Application Server technologies.
- Solid understanding of service enabling technologies. (i.e. SOAP, REST, JMS, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Experience with IBM Websphere and Rational Application Developer is an asset
Working Conditions / Other Requirements
- Criminal Background Check required.
Please forward a letter of application and resume in confidence to the following:
To: HR & Payroll Department
Subject: Job #2013-010