Public consultation: Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership
July 11, 2018
On July 9th, 2018, Global Affairs Canada opened a public online comment period to seek input on the administration of the new tariff rate quotas (TRQ) that will be implemented pursuant to Canada’s commitment under the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP). The TRQs will cover products in the following sectors:
- Skim Milk Powders
- Milk Powders
- Concentrated Milk
- Yogurt and buttermilk
- Powdered buttermilk
- Whey Powder
- Products of Natural Milk Constituents
- Industrial Cheese (goods in bulk not for retail sale to be used as ingredients in further processing)
- Mozzarella and Prepared Cheese
- Cheese of All Types
- Ice Cream and Mixes
- Other Dairy Products (1517.90.22, 1901.20.12, 1901.20.22, 1901.90.34, 1901.90.54, 2106.90.32, 2106.90.34, 2106.90.94 and 2309.90.32)
- Broiler Hatching Eggs and Chicks
Detailed information regarding the TRQs that are to be implemented pursuant to Canada’s commitment under the CPTPP is available here.
Global Affairs Canada welcomes your views and encourages you to provide written comments online.
Source: CBSA, CSCB
Questions? Please contact your Farrow representative or complete our online form.