Covid-19 (Farrow monitoring fluid situation)
March 12, 2020
Dear valued client:
You’ve no doubt seen or heard media coverage of the Covid-19 virus. Much information has been published in different forms regarding this outbreak, and a message to you, our valued clients as to what actions Farrow is taking, is in order.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has identified COVID-19 as having caused an outbreak of respiratory illness, including pneumonia, in Wuhan, China, in late 2019 and early 2020. This outbreak has now spread to South Korea, Iran, Italy, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong. Each country is dealing with the spread of the virus to varying degree.
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some of which infect only animals, and others that can infect humans. Seven strains of coronavirus have come to cause illness in humans.
The WHO is actively monitoring the situation and has issued updated information on the outbreak, including a risk assessment, advice on public health measures and infection prevention and control, and enhanced surveillance.
Farrow recently took steps to remind all employees of the best precautions to prevent the spread of these types of infections, namely:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick. (Employees are required to inform their Supervisor if you will not be able to work).
- If you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, seek medical care.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. (Ex. Phones, Key boards, desktop etc.)
- Dry hands with an air dryer or a clean towel – germs can live for hours on hand towels.
In addition, the January 2020 Safety Talk (which all employees take part in) reviewed precautions to take to help prevent contracting colds, flu, and other viruses. Farrow supplies Hand Sanitizer and Sanitizing Wipes to all employees through our Occupational Health and Safety Department. Farrow has also restricted non-essential travel.
Extra-ordinary measures to combat the spread of the Covid-19
Farrow is in the process of implementing a plan whereby our Regional Operations Centres can assist other offices or branches in the event of local health related closures by transferring work between centres. Where necessary and feasible, we will enable work from home for employees (other than for warehouse operations). This review includes:
- Reviewing company remote working hardware inventory
- Polling employees personal hardware, personal internet access availability to determine who can work from home if needed
- Developing a schedule of virtual employee VPN access based on time zone and production needs
Farrow is actively monitoring events both in North America, and worldwide with respect to this outbreak and it’s impact on various industries. Our aim is to have as little disruption as possible for you, our valued clients.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide further updates as required. Should you have questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me, or your local Farrow representative.
Questions? Please contact your Farrow representative or complete our online form.