Farrow Named One of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies For Second Consecutive Year
Windsor, ON – February 22, 2011 – In the year in which it will celebrate its 100th Anniversary, Farrow is once again a winner of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies program.
“Over the past 18 years, Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies program has recognized the most innovative and Best Managed Companies in Canada. We are delighted to celebrate the accomplishments of Farrow, particularly so since it coincides with their 100th Anniversary” said John Hughes, Partner, Private Company Services, Deloitte.
“We would like to congratulate Farrow and its entire workforce. Achieving Canada’s highest level of Canadian business excellence two years in a row takes a united effort and we are privileged to acknowledge such a strong team,” Hughes went on to say.
“Especially during this year when we celebrate our centennial, my brother and I take great pride in ReQualifying for the 50 Best Managed award” said Chairman Richard Farrow. “This further validates the efforts of our employees, and our management team over the years. It is an honour and a privilege to lead our company through its third generation of Farrow family leadership. Being a privately held company has allowed us to maintain a high level of personalized service – a factor that continues to prove important in securing new business.”
Established in 1993, Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies is a national awards program, recognizing Canadian companies that have implemented world-class business practices and created value in innovative ways. Applications are reviewed by an independent judging panel that evaluates how companies address various business challenges, including new technologies, globalization, brand management, leadership, leveraging and developing core competencies, designing information systems, and hiring the right talent to facilitate growth.
“There are a number of reasons for this award, but chief among them is our adherence to core values and principles, our long tenured and knowledgeable employees, our success in integrating acquisitions, and our investment in technology.” continued Richard Farrow, who along with brother John, continue the tradition of family ownership and involvement.
ReQualified winners of the Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies award, along with 1st time 2010 winners, and Platinum Club members will be honoured at the annual Best Managed gala in Toronto on March 29th 2011. On the same date, the Best Managed symposium will address leading-edge business issues that are key to the success of today’s business leaders.
Farrow is currently a finalist for the Windsor-Essex Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards, in the Large Company of the Year category. Winners will be announced during a Gala April 13th a the WFCU centre.
About Canada’s Best Managed Companies
Celebrating its 18th anniversary, Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies continues to be the mark of excellence for Canadian-owned and managed companies with revenues over $10 million. Every year since the launch of the program in 1993, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous and independent process that evaluates their management skills and practices. The awards are granted on three levels: 1) Best Managed winner (one of the 50 new winners selected each year); 2) Requalified member (repeat winners retain the Best Managed designation for two additional years, subject to annual operational and financial review); 3) Platinum Club member (winners that maintain Best Managed status for a minimum of six consecutive years.) Program sponsors are Deloitte, CIBC Commercial Banking, National Post, and Queen's School of Business. For further information, visit www.canadas50best.com.
- A customs broker celebrating its 100th Anniversary (1911 - 2011)
- The largest independent and privately owned customs brokerage firm in Canada,
- Headquartered in Windsor with three local offices – Corporate Headquarters (2001 Huron Church Road), the Windsor Regional Centre (1980 Ambassador Drive) and a warehouse & parcel logistics division (canadaplus.com) at 6220 Westar Drive in LaSalle, ON
- Canadian offices include: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Ayr (Cambridge), Sarnia
- U.S. offices include: Chicago, ILL, Buffalo, NY, Taylor (Detroit), MI, Battle Creek, MI, Lewiston, NY, and Port Huron, MI
- Over five hundred and fifty (550) employees in twenty-six (26) office & warehouse locations throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Family owned and operated, for three generations.
- Two time winner of the “Toyota Kaizen Excellence Award” for achievements as a key logistics partner
- Winner of the Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award for 2002, and a finalist again in 2011
- ISO 9002 certified at it’s Ayr, Ontario, Regional Office
- Community involvement includes a commitment to Habitat for Humanity, the United-Way/Centraide, and supporting minor sports
For further information, please contact:
Executive Vice-President, Corporate Resources
519-252-7775 ext 575