Russell A. Farrow Limited named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for third consecutive year
Windsor, ON – February 21, 2012 – Russell A. Farrow Limited is once again a winner of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies program. A local, independently owned and operated customs broker, Farrow is a Re-Qualified Winner for 2011, marking the third time the company has been named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
“We believe that there are three vital building blocks to sustainable growth: strategy, capability, and commitment; Russell A. Farrow Limited has demonstrated it is a model of success in all three areas and is duly recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed” explained John Hughes, Partner, Private Company Services group with Deloitte, a national sponsor of the Best Managed program.
“To achieve the award during this year, when the company celebrates its 100th Anniversary, is a unique event, and we take great pride in Re-Qualifying for the 50 Best Managed award” said President Randy Motley. “This further validates the efforts of our employees, and our management team over the years. It is a privilege to lead the company in concert with the third and fourth generations of the Farrow family: Chairman Richard Farrow, his brother Vice-Chairman John Farrow, and Rick’s son, Jeff.”
Established in 1993, Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies is a national awards program, recognizing Canadian companies that have implemented world-class business practices and created value in innovative ways. Applications are reviewed by an independent judging panel that evaluates how companies address various business challenges, including new technologies, globalization, brand management, leadership, leveraging and developing core competencies, designing information systems, and hiring the right talent to facilitate growth.
“There are a number of reasons for this award, but chief among them is our adherence to core values and principles, our long tenured and knowledgeable employees, our success in integrating acquisitions, and our investment in technology” Randy Motley went on to say.
Re-Qualified winners of the Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies award, along with 1st time 2012 winners, and Platinum Club members will be honoured at the annual Best Managed gala in Toronto on March 27th 2012. On the same date, the Best Managed symposium will address leading-edge business issues that are key to the success of today’s business leaders.
Russell A. Farrow Limited also is a winner of a Windsor-Essex Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award, in the Large Company of the Year category.
Letter of Congratulations from Teresa Piruzza, MPP Windsor-West
About Canada’s Best Managed Companies
Celebrating its 19th anniversary, Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies continues to be the mark of excellence for Canadian-owned and managed companies with revenues over $10 million. Every year since the launch of the program in 1993, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous and independent process that evaluates their management skills and practices. The awards are granted on three levels: 1) Best Managed winner (one of the 50 new winners selected each year); 2) Re-Qualified member (repeat winners retain the Best Managed designation for two additional years, subject to annual operational and financial review); 3) Platinum Club member (winners that maintain Best Managed status for a minimum of six consecutive years.) Program sponsors are Deloitte, CIBC Commercial Banking, National Post, and Queen's School of Business. For further information, visit www.canadas50best.com.
About Russell A. Farrow Limited
- A national customs broker, celebrated its 100th Anniversary (1911 - 2011)
- The largest independent and privately owned customs brokerage firm in Canada,
- Headquartered in Windsor with three local offices – Corporate Headquarters (2001 Huron Church Road), the Windsor Regional Centre (1980 Ambassador Drive) and a warehouse & parcel logistics division (canadaplus.com) at 6220 Westar Drive in LaSalle, ON
- Canadian offices include: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Ayr (Cambridge), Sarnia
- U.S. offices include: Chicago, ILL, Buffalo, NY, Romulus (Detroit), MI, Battle Creek, MI, Lewiston, NY, and Port Huron, MI
- Over five hundred and fifty (550) employees in twenty-six (26) office & warehouse locations throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Family owned and operated, for three generations.
- Two time winner of the “Toyota Kaizen Excellence Award” for achievements as a key logistics partner
- Winner of the Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award for 2002, and 2011
- ISO 9002 certified at it’s Ayr, Ontario, Regional Office
- Community involvement includes a commitment to Habitat for Humanity, the United-Way/Centraide, and supporting minor sports
For further information, please contact:
Executive Vice-President, Corporate Resources
Russell A. Farrow Limited
519-252-7775 ext 575
Questions? Please contact your Farrow representative or complete our online form.
Back to Press Releases