Tradition of philanthropy continues
$65,000 provided to food banks by Farrow
Windsor, ON – Farrow continues a remarkable run of contributing to local food banks with donations totaling $65,000. Rick Farrow, Chairman and C.E.O., along with his brother John Farrow, Vice-Chairman, announced the donations to food banks across North America where Farrow has offices:
“Together with our employees, we strive to strengthen our bond within the communities
where our employees live and work. Whether it’s donating to a charitable cause or
employee volunteerism at local charities; Farrow is determined to make a difference
with those who are less fortunate. There’s nothing more extraordinary than having the
ability to impact our community positively. John and I feel there’s an inherent need to
continue supporting these excellent causes and our organization is compelled to act.”
The organizations receiving donations were based on employee and client feedback in the respective communities, and are listed following.
For further information contact:
|Romeo Girardi||Joe Corace|
|Executive Vice-President||Executive Vice President|
|Farrow||Farrow Marketing, Development and Innovation|
|(519) 252-7775 ext 575||(519) 252-7775 ext 575|
Donations of various amounts were made to each organization listed below totaling $65,000.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters (Windsor)
- Bissell Centre (Edmonton)
- Children Hope of Uganda
- Daily Bread Food Bank (Toronto)
- Downtown Mission (Windsor)
- Essex Area Food Bank
- Food Bank of Waterloo (Kitchener-Waterloo)
- Salvation Army (Windsor)
- Unemployed Help Centre (Windsor)
- Windsor Goodfellows
- Windsor Lifeline Outreach
- ACRS Food Bank (Seattle)
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen (Detroit)
- Food Bank of South Central Michigan
- Food Bank of Western New York
- Cleaners Community Food Bank (Detroit)
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Second Harvest Heartland (Minnesota)
Farrow is the largest private, family owned customs broker in Canada. It has over 675
employees and 31 office and warehouse locations throughout Canada and the US.
Established in 1911, the company has over 100 years of history providing a comprehensive range of integrated solutions to exceed the expectation of North American importers and exporters. It is owned and operated by the third generation of the Farrow family, Richard and his brother John Farrow, with the fourth generation of the Farrow family, Jeff Farrow, now actively involved as well.
- International customs broker with locations throughout Canada and the U.S. including all
- major border crossings between Canada and the U.S.
- Largest independently owned and operated customs broker in Canada
- Celebrated its 100th Anniversary (1911 - 2011)
- US offices include: Detroit, MI, Buffalo, NY, Chicago IL, Champlain, NY, Niagara Falls, NY,
- Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA, Minneapolis, MN, Battle Creek, MI, Blaine, WA, Port Huron,
- MI, Laredo, TX
- Canadian offices include: Windsor, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver,
- Calgary, Edmonton, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, and Sarnia
- Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2009, and a Re-Qualified member in
- 2010, and 2011, a Gold Standard Member in 2012, and a Gold Standard Re-Qualified
- Member in 2013 and 2014.
- Over six hundred seventy-five employees in thirty-one office & warehouse locations
- Family owned and operated, for three generations
- Two time winner of the “Toyota Kaizen Excellence Award” for achievements as a key
- logistics partner
- ISO 9002 certified at the Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Regional Office
- Community involvement includes a commitment to Habitat-for-Humanity, the United
- Way/Centraide, Windsor-Essex Therapeutic Riding Association, the Alzheimer’s Society, the
- St. Clair College Foundation
Please Contact Us or your Farrow representative.
Get the latest developments on US and Canadian customs, international trade topics and border updates that are specific to your importing or exporting needs.